Friday, April 24, 2020

There are very few entries in any of my remaining high school homework diaries, suggesting perhaps that little homework was done. But there are a few notes pertaining to school life, so before I recycled them for good, I copied out anything that might be of interest. Which is very little indeed!

As per my previous blog, another album on my top ten influential albums from this formative period appears to have been motivated by yet another teacher at my school. I was in Year 8, once again, but the subject this time was English. I have to read between the lines a little, but I am guessing that the lyrics to at least one of the songs on the album were being used as content in a poetry lesson. I did the same thing myself when I was teaching English a decade later. For the record, the song was "Where do the children play?" by the artist formerly known as Cat Stevens. The album, of course, was Tea for the Tillerman.

You see, teachers can have an abiding influence long after you have quit their classroom!



No comments: