Friday, March 05, 2021

Being laid-up with an injury, or as good as laid-up, has meant a lot of enforced sitting around. The circle of enclosure has grown even smaller in the past week or so, as the tendinosis remains stubbornly flared up. The one glimmer I can find in this whole melancholic episode is that I have been able to catch up on a lot of British crime drama.

I first watched Inspector Morse at least twenty years ago, likely more, and I have forgotten most of what I did watch. So having the Trinity College of Endeavour, Inspector Morse and Lewis available on a subscription, I dove into the unlikely world of Oxford crime, where the murderers seem to outnumber the dons. In fact the latter are often found amongst the former, such is the competitive world of university life.

Well written, well cast and well acted makes them a joy to watch, even if I didn't go to Oxford myself. But if I had, perhaps I would have ended up floating in the Cherwell. The University of NSW, gigantic beast that it is, has no rivers, though there is a nearby beach. 


No comments: