Monday, April 11, 2022

Ann and I went to Burwood yesterday, for the rain looked to be receding and she was hungry. Without wanting to wade too deeply into the fraught weeds of stereotypes, East and SE Asian folks love nothing more than to eat out on a day off or the weekend. This is what my wife tells me and judging by the crowds, she is right.

Burwood is a spoilt for choice when it comes to potential culinary experiences - the place is bursting with restaurants and cafes catering to a range of micro tastes in gastronomy. Ann ordered Thai from an Isaan oriented shop, and my Chinese looked and tasted nothing like the suburban offerings from the same nation. It's nice to be amongst people as they bustle through the streets and survey shop windows.

Just before lunch, we popped into the Burwood Daiso and to my surprise and joy, came across this old friend again. Such memories of Japanese vending machines on hot summer days!



No comments: