Wednesday, July 05, 2023

Allusions to Japan in the previous post sent me back to my ancient folder of saved emails in order to find out just when I did buy my guitar in that music store in Kyoto. No luck on that score, though an email dated April 2002 noted that it had been used in a gig (by me) in Kobe a few weeks earlier. My guess is that the purchase was likely sometime late in 2001. By the way, that performance at a 'live house' and how it came about is another story altogether!

When I first started this blog in 2005, I used the title Tatami Twist to distinguish it from the email/letters we had written (and might still be going to write) from Japan to Australia to let the family and friends know what we were up to. Those emails were called the Tatami Tales. 

That time and those emails are now long gone, so I have taken on the name again from this day forth. It seems like a very satisfying segue indeed and really quite appropriate as there are many references to our time in Japan in this blog.

No comments: