Saturday, July 08, 2023

Just back from a shortened bike ride, the wind being so strong that it was 'crashing though darkness... and stampeding the fields under the window.' I didn't get blown off but the resistance was so great that I came home for lunch and coffee instead. Even now the house rings 'like some fine green goblet in the note that any second would shatter it.' I always think of Hughes Wind when the weather is like this and I suspect I always will, it is such a good poem.

The Grand Sumo Tournament in Nagoya is poised to begin and already there is interesting news. Newly promoted ozeki  Kiribayama has taken on a new name, Kirishima, which apparently is his original ring name. Takakeisho has pulled out of the tourney to mend up and will likely go kadoban in the next basho, meaning he will have to have more wins than losses to keep his ozeki status.

I think this is going to be a great tournament and I look forward muchly to it.

No comments: