Sunday, August 14, 2005

Cooking

It's not that I haven't been happy about my partner's pregnancy. I admit I've only alluded to it rather obliquely thus far. The reason is simple. The first trimester is the time in which things can go wrong - most commonly wrong, that is. I guess I'm holding back on unadulterated enthusiasm until around week 13. I'm cautious also because we almost certainly had a miscarriage in February.

But its Week 8 now and everything is going fine. Of course, Nadia feels queasy quite often and has lots of strange physical sensations. She is always tired. I try to be good at helping, though I am all the while aware of the fact that I am a bloke and blokes just don't get it. Apparently.

But I did have a minor triumph of sorts tonight. She ate three slices of home-made pizza and didn't feel sick!

Tomorrow its falls to me to book the marquee for our wedding and have a chat to a celebrant("I've got a wee poem that runs to 500 lines or so that I'd like you to include...").
More on that later.........

No comments: