Friday, August 26, 2005

Oranges

Nadia's pregnancy book ( a comic take on the subject by Kaz Cooke) says that the uterus in Week 10 is about the size of an orange. I find it hard to get my head around the idea of a cricket-ball- sized object squeezed into my lower abdomen or adjacent precincts, but then again, I'm just a man. I think I'll find it even harder once the object swells to the size of rock-melon, but as Nadia reminds me, it is she that is the subject of this unique invasion, not me. It doesn't stop me thinking about it, though.

Speaking of cricket (were you? - ed), the Ashes series has warmed up considerably since England won the second test. Given that Australia seems to win at every sport (except alas, soccer) I'm really hoping the Poms can carry off the series. In any event, the Australian team are a little too arrogant for my liking and a dose of losing can only do some good in the long run. And the game needs some other champions once and a while.

No comments: