Monday, August 08, 2005

Time Out

Swimming is pretty close to my favourite physical activity, and since I have relatively close access to a 50 metre outdoor heated pool, and because the winter weather is so balmy, well, thats how I spent part of my morning. If I could put into words my feelings about the blue of the sky and the way the water seems to carress with every stroke....but that's just impossible.

Nadia went with her mum today to help out at work. Something to do with answering the phones and making coffee for everyone. She left feeling a little queasy and came back feeling much the same. Poor thing! Will it be eight more months of the same? I hope not for her sake. I try to be a good house-husband but nothing can really compensate for what's going on inside her body.

I rang our old boss Stephanie in Japan yesterday and told her the good news. We bought Stephanie's little conversation school (long story!) in Japan last year and needed to let her know we would be returning to Japan later than expected - thanks to that impending little bundle of joy. We were also worried about certain rules we had read about whereby children born out of wedlock encountered 'difficulties', particularly at a local level. Should we rush off to the registry office straight away? Would anyone in Japan do the maths? She seemed to think that there wouldn't be any problems so long as the knot was tried before birth. Hmm we'll see....

No comments: