Sunday, August 21, 2005

Loose Ends


After seven years together and a baby on the way, Nadia and I have finally decided to get married. Actually, we've been engaged since August of last year. Nadia returned to Japan from summer holidays and proposed to me at our favourite temple(see photo above). She had secretly bought a ring in Scotland. Well, was I surprised!! Apparently I couldn't speak for minutes on end........

So I've just made a booking for us to see a marriage celebrant. We won't be having the Big Wedding, for lots of reasons really. Why spend all that money? We hope to find a beautiful crop of rock bordering the national park for the ceremony, then have a party/reception back at Elaine's house. Elaine is Nadia's mum. I will hire a swish marquee for the back yard and we'll have a lot of fun and we will definitely not stand upon ceremony.

No comments: