Sunday, August 07, 2005

The Times

Its been a very interesting week or two.

Firstly, I found out my partner, Nadia, was pregnant. On my way back from the shops, I found her wandering up to the doctor. She produced a sheet of paper with Japanese script and a strange little strip of paper sticky-taped to the centre. I began reading the hiragana (slowly), then I had a flashback concerning the paper strip. January...Japan...pregnancy test.... began scrolling across my inner eye, just long enough for me to grasp the key elements.

I think I was in shock for a while; Nadia administering warms fluids to me as I sat in uncharacteristic silence.

Later, we walked up to the doctor together.

We have planned to have a baby for some months now, so it really should not have come as any kind of shock. But the funny thing is, it does, and there's nothing that can prepare you for that news. But its good news and Im very happy.

No comments: