Wednesday, September 07, 2022

I managed to complete a session of Features Forum at 2RPH yesterday without error. For some reason, every shift I have done since taking up the program as presenter a few months ago has been plagued by a technical glitch - only small, mind you - but not to my standards. This rarely happens on other shifts I have done, despite there being no real differences in the operation. It may be that I have been trying too hard to be perfect, putting too much pressure on myself. Note to self in future!

I have to rush at the end of the program to make my train back to the mountains. This can be tricky as buses, groaning with passengers, negotiated the traffic of the inner city in peak hour. I made my train easily this time only to find that it was delayed, as the announcement went, 'by an object on the tracks at Glenbrook.' 'If it's only an object, why not remove it?' I thought to myself.

It seemed likely we would be stuck for some time at Central so I hightailed it across to another platform where a local train that would get me where I wanted to go was shortly to arrive, only more slowly. Checking the Sydney Trains site again, I read that the object on the tracks was actually a train! Who would have thought?


No comments: