Thursday, September 08, 2022

Last night I started Adult Faith Formation classes at St Finbars Glenbrook. This is the next part of my journey with confirmation, all going well, in November. My last encounter fizzled out 40 years ago, much to my shame. But the intervening decades have given me a maturity that I could not hope to have had as a twenty year old. Instead, immaturity and lack of self-esteem led me astray, though not at the first post. It took a few knocks before I fell into worldly ways again.

In Acts 20:22, Paul says,

"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there."

He had good reason to say it, for having been transformed so dramatically from a Pharisee to an apostle of the very faith he had persecuted, he had enemies. I do not have enemies as such and while I do not know what the future holds or where it may lead, I do not fear it on account of faith.


No comments: