Saturday, October 29, 2022

I have used the same Kindle pretty much every night for about 11 years now and have accumulated a large library of books on it. Last night I reached for my trusty e-reader only to find a strange power symbol on the front cover where a diagram or picture would normally be. It would not boot nor would it charge. I fiddled around with it again today but to no avail. I fear that I must accept that the battery has finally died or has become corrupted. I guess 11 years is a good run, given Amazon suggest that 5 or 6 years in the average battery life.

Losing the device is a little like seeing your library burn down. I haven't thought what to do now. A new kindle device will connect to my purchased collection at Amazon but I feel like I need to mourn this little machine first. The books I have read on it! From Dante to Dickens, Basho to Bryson - and so many topics and forms! 

Not everything need to be in such a hurry.

No comments: