Monday, October 31, 2022

Too much sadness, I think. Young people, out for an innocent night's fun, crushed to death in crowds. All by accident. Too many parents today, mourning the loss. Mourning again and again, for years. Sometimes life seems harder than other times, imposssibly so, when it's the young who suffer.

Because it is hard for to us understand the why, we are left in shock and disbelief. Even despair. I have no pat answers, no-one does really does. But for me personally, solace can only be found in faith.

'Trust in the Lord will all your heart,
and lean not on your own understanding.' Proverbs 3:5

My understanding at these times is limited and confused. I cannot 'lean' upon it. Only by trusting wholeheartedly in God can I gain any hope. I don't have to make sense of things. Hope is an enabler that drives action to help others by whatever means I can.

This is will not satisfy everyone of course. Perhaps very few. But it does bring comfort.

No comments: