Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a cold day today. At Penrith pool, staff had covered all but two lanes to keep the heat in. Surprisingly, there were few takers while I was there. My laps passed uneventfully and I was glad of the hot showler, as Tom would say, afterwards. Today's gig at Anglicare was likewise unremarkable, though my cold, lack of rehearsal and some poor song choices meant it wasn't quite up to scratch.

Choosing to do the cafe today also meant that I missed Tom's Friday assembly, in which he had a small speaking part. I felt guilty about it all day and have vowed that next time, I'll choose the assembly. It's easy to be selfish sometimes and I really should put my son ahead of the needs of strangers, even if they are needy. I know that I'm appreciated there by staff but I want to get my priorities right. How long will Tom be a little boy for?

Far too soon, that time will pass.

No comments: