Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers day. This time last year my family went to a restaurant in Parramatta for lunch. The year before we had a fondue at home, once again with all the mothers being present. I enjoyed organizing them and especially the satisfaction of being with family on such a day. It wasn't until Tom came along six years ago that this day assumed such importance to me, a late epiphany, it's true, but better than never coming around at all.

This year, with Nadia and I separated, it's just been sad. I've tried to have a fun day with Tom and we have played and hung out pretty successfully, but the feeling keeps returning. To me, at least. Nadia has been having a day with her Mum and I hope hers has been better than mine. I don't mean to mope about. It's just how things are at the moment and days that are family centred are particularly difficult.

So roll on Monday.

No comments: