Thursday, August 22, 2024

I think I have mentioned before that I sing in choir. I have been singing in SATB groups now for over 30 years, interrupted only by the time spent in Japan as a teacher. It is fair to say that making the decision to first join a choir, Crowd Around, in 1992, was a seminal one that has reverberated to this day.

It was my membership of Crowd Around that lead, by the by, to getting a job in Japan and meeting my first wife. It also informed other music projects, such as being in a band, recording a CD, doing the cafe thing as a singer, to name but a few. It really has been influential in my life.

Tomorrow night we perform again at the Blackheath Choir Festival, one of the best festivals in the state. It is quite an honour and the standard is high. I don't get the same thrill as once I did (having done so many performances over the years) but I do look forward to it, nevertheless.

Moo Choir take the stage at 8.40pm tomorrow night and if you google the festival, you'll get all the information you need.

No comments: